Electrical EngineerThe Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing and/or improving electrical systems on floor surface preparation equipment from concept through production launch. This engineer will develop systems and specify components, initiate concept designs based on customer input and communicate those designs to other team members. The position involves managing those designs with regard to proto-type builds, product performance, life testing and product launch. This individual will utilize machine design best practices and work within a highly collaborative engineering and sales team.
Position DescriptionWorking in tandem with an inside sales person, the RSM is responsible for daily face to face visits with customers. Face to face visits range from conducting product trainings, product
jobsite demonstrations (tow and shows), informational sales calls and attending customer open house events. The position requires operating & demonstrating various pieces of construction related equipment in jobsite environments. Heavy lifting, loading and unloading equipment is required. The RSM will call on equipment distributors from various sales channels to include environmental, commercial and equipment rental accounts. The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales professional in construction or similar industry with 3 years + of B2B sales experience - a bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
Compensation includes base salary plus commission, company vehicle, cell phone, laptop, expense account and full benefits. National is seeking top producers and in exchange offers stability, great income potential and career growth opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Researches and designs electrical systems and components that meet the electro-mechanical product’s value, cost, and quality expectations.
- Works closely with suppliers and purchasing department to select electrical components.
- Implements electro-mechanical designs addressing all stakeholders (customers, sales, marketing, production, purchasing).
- Leads and or participates in cost reduction and continuous improvement activities while maintaining quality.
- Makes, reads, and interprets technical drawings.
- Develops and tests alternative designs to assess the following: feasibility, operation, performance, possible new applications and potential modifications to existing products.
- Fabricates proto-types including: wiring harnesses; wires power to motors, contactors, and relays; wires and programs variable frequency drives; installs electrical components to enclosures.
- Specifies modification to existing products to improve cost, operation, performance, and reliability.
- Works closely with suppliers to develop the best manufacturing methods and fabrication of part designs.
- Assists with product development and test planning.
- Applies basic engineering principles and practices to all assignments.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Travels to suppliers and customer sites (mostly local) as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have 3-10 years stable work experience in electrical engineering as a creative engineer and problem solver for machine design in a manufacturing environment (familiarity with electrical systems, electrical enclosure selection, electronics, mechanisms, electric motors, controls, variable frequency drives, batteries, and wire harnesses preferred).
- The ideal candidate has experience working in a tightly knit sales and manufacturing culture with multiple priorities, and able to achieve project and task completions in a timely manner.
- Experience drafting electrical schematics.
- Experience with CE (Machinery Directive, EMC) and regulatory compliance preferred.
- Experience with the following as it relates to electro-mechanical components and equipment: manufacturing methods, tools, practices, and equipment; electronic materials and components including certifications/standards (i.e. UL, NEC, CSA, IEEE)
- Understands and can apply sound engineering principles of electro-mechanical systems and machine design.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Understands and can apply design for ease of manufacture and assembly.
- Experience with 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks preferred).
- Work performed at desk, workshop and production assembly settings
- Exposure to production environment (dust, odors, noise, fumes, etc.)
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about facilities
- Identify nonconforming products/services per procedures
- Continuously pursue corrective and preventative measures on company products and services
- Halt processes, which could adversely affect product or service quality
If interested, contact Tom Kanitz at email@example.com